AboutMelissa first visited the Keys in 1998. From the moment she arrived she fell in love with the beauty and tranquility of this special place. She lived here part-time since 2002 and in 2011 Melissa and her husband bought their first home in Keys and moved here permanently from their home town of Wilmington, Delaware. Her husband Brian owns Nowell Woodworks, Inc. and has a successful carpentry business serving the Upper Keys. When Melissa is not selling the Florida Keys lifestyle she enjoys living it with her husband and two dogs. Heading out on the boat to enjoy all the natural beauty the Keys has to offer such as fishing, snorkeling or just have a fun day at the local sandbar with great friends is what brings her tremendous joy.
Becoming a new resident of the Florida Keys and local real estate agent, Melissa had to start her business from the ground up. The Keys being a small and condensed area and having many real estate professionals, it took determination and perseverance for Melissa to accomplish becoming a top producing real estate expert in a very short period of time. Melissa joined Coldwell Banker Schmitt (the #1 company Keys wide) in December of 2013. In just a short period time with Coldwell Banker Schmitt she has closed almost $40,000,000 in dollar volume with a focus on the Luxury Homes market. She also specializes in homes that did not previously sell by bringing creativity and positivity to each transaction.
Melissa brings this same level of determination and perseverance into servicing her clients real estate requirements. Whether it's helping a buyer find the perfect property that meets their specific needs or helping a property owner sell their property for the highest price in the shortest time frame. You can count on Melissa always operating with the highest integrity and remembering her clients interest comes first...every time! Melissa's clients also know that her excellent level of service doesn't end at the closing table. She finds great joy in continuing the relationships and being of service long after the "deal" is done. Building long lasting relationships with her clients is one of the greatest rewards.
- AREAS SERVED: Islamorada, Lower Matecuembe Key, Upper Matecumbe Key, Plantation Key Windley Key, Tavernier, Key Largo, Long Key, Duck Key, Grassy Key, Coco Plum, Key Colony Beach, Marathon, Lower Keys and Key West.
- Residential and Luxury Properties in the Florida Keys, Homes that did not previously sell.
- Staging and Listing Preparation.
- Luxury Properties
- Water Front Properties
- New Homes
- Seller Representative
- Buyer Representative
- First Time Buyers
- Short-sale Properties
- Licensed with the Florida Realtors since 2007
- Member of the Florida Keys Board of Realtors since 2011
- 2014 President, Women's Council of Realtors - Florida Keys Chapter
- Certified Seller Representative Specialist (SRS) through National Association of Realtors
- Certified Luxury Homes Marketing Specialist
- Member of the Coldwell Banker Worldwide Elite Circle
- Award winning, top producer with Coldwell Banker Schmitt.
- Melissa has in-depth knowledge of the market and details of purchasing and selling property in the Florida Keys.
- Familiar with all areas of the Florida Keys, municipalities and what each area of the Keys has to offer.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- 2017/2016/2015 Member of Coldwell Banker Schmitt's Elite Agent Circle (Elite Agent Circle members rank among the Top 100 of the more than 1,200 real estate agents Keys wide)
- 2017/2016 Member of the Coldwell Banker International President's Circle (Putting us within the top 2% of all Coldwell Banker agents Worldwide).
- 2017/2016/2015/2014 Top Producer in Sales (working both with Buyers and Sellers)
- 2017/2016 Coldwell Banker Schmitt's Commitment Award - (awarded for Melissa's dedication to her business, the industry and her customers).